Introducing the JHM R Series Clutch Kit for the B7 A4!!!
Since 2010, we have been working on developing a proprietary performance clutch kit for the B6-B7 S4 and RS4 and NOW it is available for the B7 A4 with a specifically designed pressure plate able to handle 10 second supercharged RS4s for YOUR B7 A4 2.0T. After years of research, prototyping, and in car abuse we are proud to release the JHM R Series Clutch Kits! Our R Series Pressure Plate and Stage 5 R Disc were featured in our customer's record setting quickest and fastest B7-RS4 with our RS4 Supercharger Kit:
Our years of research and development of this clutch kit have led to the creation of our JHM R Series Pressure Plate. This pressure plate is a non-SAC (self-adjusting clutch) style pressure plate. This allows to run a set of more aggressive discs to hold more power and withstand even more abuse. For example, the shock that our proprietary ceramic 6-puck disc would put on the OEM B7-S4 pressure plate would destroy the SAC.
The diaphragm on our R Series Pressure plate is a custom design that we worked for years to get just right for the B7 A4. We designed it specifically for these cars and their throwout bearings. We did not simply take another pressure plate that works in another brand car and try to make a "band-aid" solution with spacers or other shortcuts to make the pressure plate work for an Audi.
- 31% increase in clamp load torque holding capacity over the already stout B7-RS4 Pressure Plate. - This allows to hold more power with LESS aggressive and more streetable friction discs
- The stiffness of the clutch pedal is increased by about 15%.
- Better clutch pedal control and modulation is achieved through our spring design.
- The spring pressure is much more linear not peaky like the B7-RS4 pressure plate making the clutch pedal behavior more predictable in the uptake of the pedal and engagement point of the clutch disc.
- Thicker pressure plate straps increase the longevity and durability of the Pressure Plate.
- The JHM R Series Pressure Plate has been designed to work with our JHM B7 A4 2.0T Lightweight Flywheel (Aluminum or Forged) so any A4 customer with our current clutch kit will be able to upgrade to the R Series by just purchasing the clutch disc and pressure plate - not the entire Flywheel and Clutch Combo. Go back one section to purchase the Clutch Kit separately.
- JHM R Series Clutch Kit (Clutch Disc and Pressure Plate): Our R Series Clutch Kits feature your choice of 3 different clutch disc materials: Stage 1 R is a performance organic disc, Stage 3 R is a hybrid clutch disc with ceramic and metal backed organic material, and Stage 5 R is a 6-puck disc featuring our proprietary ceramic material. You can chose your clutch disc material from the drop down menu below.
We recommend our Stage 1 R Performance Organic Clutch Disc to those looking to get the best compromise between daily driveability and torque holding capacity. Our Stage 3 R disc offers the ultimate combination of daily driveability, torque holding capacity, and durability for back to back to back pulls. Our Stage 5 R Clutch Disc is the ULTIMATE clutch disc for your B6-B7 S4. The Stage 5 R is a 6-puck clutch disc featuring our proprietary performance ceramic material making it the most aggressive clutch solution that we offer to date. This is clutch disc that we are currently running in our in-house B7-RS4 AND that was featured in our customer's B7-RS4 that set the world record time for the fastest and quickest B7-RS4 (see video above). This clutch disc can REALLY hold some power!
THIS CLUTCH KIT INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING: - JHM R Series pressure plate - Your Choice of JHM R Series Clutch Disc (choose stage below before ordering) - Pressure plate to flywheel bolts - Throwout bearing - Clutch alignment tool
INSTALLATION AND TORQUE NOTES HERE
NOTE: Clutch break-in is important and must be done properly. You need to do as much city type driving as you can for the first 500 miles the new clutch is in the car. Each time you start from a stop or shift it aids in the break in process. Highway mileage does not count. You also MUST avoid any racing activities, launching, or aggressive driving during the break-in period as this gets the clutch disc too hot. With that being said, you can go full throttle but you just can't speed shift or power shift.