Hawk Performance Quiet Slot Brake Rotors
*METALLURGY:* Quiet Slot rotors are cast from a proprietary formulation of premium alloys producing a superior performance street product.
* Noise dampening steel formulation.
* Long grain carbon iron for maximum thermal stability.
* Molybdenum additive for high temperature strength and thermal crack resistance.
* Unique alloy blend provides exceptional rotor life and durability.
*DESIGN:* Quiet Slot rotors combines the look, feel and durability of a true performance rotor with the fitment and convenience of OE design.
* Performance design ‚Äö√Ñ√¨ Direct OE replacement.
* Unidirectional vanes eliminate the need for left and right side rotors.
* Optimal rotor vane and wall thickness improves structural strength, noise dampening and heat capacity.
* OE style vane design combined with increased heat capacity dramatically improves brake pad and rotor life.
*QUIET SLOTS:* Hawk Performance Quiet Slot rotors feature a unique slot design specifically engineered to improve your car‚Äö√Ñ√¥s braking performance and driver comfort.
* Increases initial bite.
* Improves wet weather brake performance.
* Effectively removes gas and wear debris.
* When the brakes are not engaged, the Quiet Slot rotor vane and surface slot design effectively cuts through the surrounding air flow virtually eliminating the ‚Äö√Ñ√∫whirling‚Äö√Ñ√π noise typically encountered with cross drilled or heavily slotted rotors.
* Visual wear indicator. Rotors should be replaced when slots are worn down and no longer visible.
* Optimizes overall brake performance.
*QUALITY:* All Quiet Slot rotors are meticulously checked for proper balance, thickness, flatness and runout. All rotors are manufactured in ISO certified facilities.
* Swirl ground surface for improved brake pad bed-in and ‚Äö√Ñ√∫green‚Äö√Ñ√π out of the box performance.
* Specific RMS finish accelerates the creation of a proper transfer film when run with Hawk Performance¬¨√Ü brand brake pads.
* All rotors are finished with a GEOMET¬¨√Ü coating that protects both the internal and external surfaces from rust and corrosion.
*WHAT IS GEOMET?*
GEOMET is a proprietary water-based coating dispersion containing metal oxides, metallic zinc and aluminum flakes. The zinc and aluminum platelets align in multiple layers forming a metallic silver-gray coating. Applied as a liquid, the coating becomes totally inorganic after curing at 575-600¬¨‚àû F (300-315¬¨‚àûC).
CHROMIUM-FREE- Does not contain any chromium (NO HEXAVALENT and NO TRIVALENT). GEOMET¬¨√Ü meets the following regulations:
* Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
* Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
* DaimlerChrysler CS-9003
* General Motors GMW 3059
* Ford WSS-M99P9999-A1 (Hex 9)
* EU Directive on End of Life Vehicles
*NO TOXIC METALS:* Free from nickel, cadmium, lead, barium, and mercury.